The stock exchange market traded bullish today, Tuesday 3rd August 2021, as the benchmark index (ASI) increased by 313.27 points, while the market capitalization increased by N163 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 38,917.99 points, to reflect gains of 0.81% from the previous day.
The stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.28 trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at –3.36%.
The market breadth closed negative as WEMA BANK led 12 Gainers, and 26 Losers topped by FTNCOCOA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined -1,352.73 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI top gainers
- WEMABANK up +5.95% to close at N0.89
- UPDC up +5.93% to close at N1.25
- AIRTEL up +5.69% to close at N650.00
- COURTVILLE up +4.17% to close at N0.25
- CUTIX up +3.95% to close at N5.00
NGX ASI top losers
- FTNCOCOA down –8.16% to close at N0.45
- HONYFLOUR down –7.78% to close at N1.54
- MBENEFIT down –5.13% to close at N0.37
- TRANSCORP down –5.10% to close at N0.93
- NEIMETH down –5.06% to close at N1.50
NGX ASI top traded by volume
- TRANSCORP – 17,476,989.00 units
- JAIZBANK – 16,582,975.00 units
- HONYFLOUR – 13,037,061.00 units
- WEMABANK – 11,355,712.00 units
- MBENEFIT – 11,104,903.00 units
NGX ASI top traded by value
- MTNN – N376,821,742.30
- GTHOLDCO – N200,457,982.15
- ZENITHBANK – N175,776,355.40
- DANGCEM – N110,774,721.30
- SEPLAT – N108,580,212.00
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls despite the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 12 gainers were surpassed by 26 losers.
Do you find Netxclusive useful? Click here to give us five stars rating!
No one has commented yet. Be the first!